Moving printer configuration from KDE 3 to KDE 4.

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun May 3 16:14:34 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> It appears that KDE 4 cannot scan the network for print servers, which
> is a function that I need. In my last KDE 3 setup, I had a working
> network printer, but in KDE 4 I cannot get the printer to work.
>
> Which files do I need to copy from my KDE3 system (Kubuntu 8.04) to my
> KDE 4 system (Kubuntu 9.04) to have a working printer?
>
> Thanks.

Use CUPS. You know, the local host thing. http://localhost:631/ Click on
the "Administration" tab [ or use http://localhost:6.1/admin/ ] > "Find
New Printers" and follow the prompts. Worked for me on our weird network
setup.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.