Yet another post of KDE 4.2 impressions

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Mar 30 09:18:13 BST 2009

Christian Henz wrote:
<SNIP>
> Application launcher:
> ---------------------
> What makes no sense to me at all is that applications are listed by their description and not their name.
> For example there are two entries called "Web browser", and I have to distinguish them by their icons, or move the mouse
> over the Description to find out what the actual application is (konqueror, firefox). IMO this should be exactly the
> other way around: List the application name (konqueror), and then show the description ("Web Browser") when hovering over
> the entry.

Perhaps another example of GNOMEification. :-)  But actually, while I
find this is probably the best default, the problem is that in 3.5 you
can configure this in the Panel KCM.  I don't find a Panel KCM in 4.2.x
(which is a major issue with me) so if there is a place to configure
this, I can't find it.

--
JRT

--