KDE 4 (yes, again...): what features are you using?

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Wed Mar 25 12:14:48 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I think the real problem is that you don't discover the advantages until
> you've used it for a while, and many people don't stick with it long enough
> to make the discovery.  All is not perfect, but then it never was.  I
> always said that 'bling' does not attract me - I never bothered with
> compiz, for instance - but this steady adding of features that are
> genuinely useful make KDE4 the desktop of choice for me.  It won't be for
> everyone, but that's life :-)
>
> Anne

Then they should fix the panel first. _This_ is pivotal in my use of a
desktop. The panel takes too much place and you don't hav enough control on
where you put what, and these "zones" that shrink or grow on their own are a
problem.

I'm not playing with my computer, I'm working with it. Perhaps this summer I
have some time to just toy and discover, but for the time being I need things
to be done, and KDE 4 is not there yet.

Thierry