How to disable Plasma

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Mar 23 10:30:18 GMT 2009

On Monday 23 March 2009, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> [KDE 4.2.1]
>
> Folks,
>

> how can I disable Plasma?  If it crashes on my system (which happens
> from time to time), the KDE desktop becomes *really* fast.  Actually,
> I don't miss any features of it, so I would like to switch it off
> completely.

It is most likely started through the autostart mechanism, i.e. a .desktop
file in one of the directories listed by this command:

% kde4-config --path autostart

You can create a copy of the respective file in the path that is below your
user's home directory and add a line like the following to the section
headerd [Desktop Entry]

Hidden=true

There is most likely a UI way of doing that, probably in systemsettings, but I
am currently not on a KDE4 system so I can't check.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring