KDE4 font corruption.

paulo paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 19:02:41 GMT 2009

About the font corruption, I'm starting to think that it's related with
update or redraw events not being sent.

For example, sometimes (don't know why) a large amount of the fonts on
screen might get corrupted.
If I do something that makes a certain widget (with corrupted fonts)
update, then that widget's fonts will be correctly rendered.

I noticed also that minimizing a maximized window won't work the same way.
But resizing the window does, since it probably makes everything be redrawn.

Sometimes I have to do it several times, because for a particular
application it might get apparently lock out of updates.
That is, the app receives the input, update itself, maybe even render
its stuff, but nothing will be updated on screen.

This is sabayon 4.0, nvidia-drivers 180.37, kde4.2, qt4.5.0...

paulo