Kopete packet loss troubles

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Mar 18 19:37:25 GMT 2009

Hello Hello,

I am in az.US and my buddy is in Brazil. Neither of us have good internet
connections as mine is a wireless connection to a location over 1000 feet
away, across a highway and through the woods! His connection in Brazil is at a
university, but that means little to this university, somedays we are not sure
who's connection is more third-world. Anyway, he cannot use kopete at all with
msn or gtalk. His packet loss is high enough that kopete never sends or
receives messages to/from him. On my end it is okay.

Is there anything we can do to help troubleshoot a packet problem, or relative
connection problems with the kopete developers?

I guess I should be posting this on the kopete mailing list...

Nathan