kde4 font size (huge fonts)

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Mar 18 19:18:19 GMT 2009

paulo wrote:
>> 	randr --dpi 100
>>
>> If this fixed your problem,
> yap, apparently it did fix everything.
> Strange I had the system settings > appearance > fonts > force dpi 96
> selected - but it did not work for everything...
>> see if X11 has computed the resolution
>> correctly from the information supplied by the monitor.  Measure the
>> horizontal screen width and divide by the horizontal resolution and see
>> if it is 125 DPI.
>>

> (2.54 (cm/in) * 1280) / 26.2 cm  = 124.09dpi
> that's close to the xorg 125x126
> But the option 90 dpi "really" fixed the problem. (so it seems).

OK, then it is working what the designer considers correctly.  However,
you might want the normal screen magnification for the GUI to be
something other than 100%.  Which is fine.  I have my screen set to 100
DPI so that the fonts are the size that I want.  So, just set it to what
ever you like in the "xorg.conf" (or what ever it is called on your
system) file which should be in /etc/X11.

--
JRT