A few words about the Quality of KDE 4.2

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Mon Mar 16 21:55:51 GMT 2009

In <200903162116.00239.tcoulon at decoulon.ch>, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
>Mepis 8 includes KDE 3.5.9 or 3.5.10, I'm not sure.

IIRC, it's a mix, similar to Debian 5.0 (Lenny).

I don't know how long Mepis is supported, but grave and serious bugs will be
addressed in Lenny (in batched "revisions") until Squeeze is released.
Security bugs are addressed is a continuously refreshed separate repository
and (for Lenny) will be fixed until some time AFTER the Squeeze release.

Squeeze has no set release date, but Lenny was released on 2009-02-14, and
the average time between Debian releases is 18 months, IIRC.
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))