Upgrade to Qt 4.5

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 13 16:14:02 GMT 2009

Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 11 de Marzo de 2009, Matthew Woehlke escribió:
>> It is certainly not BC forwards (backwards?), unless you happen to not
>> be using anything from the new version when you change to an old version
>> (and even then, I would consider that a bit "lucky").
>
> I don't see how luck has anything to do here. If you developed your
> application using classes A, B and C from Qt 4.5, and using methods X, Y and
> Z, if a user has Qt 4.4 that also has A, B and C where X, Y and Z are also
> available, there will be no problems.

...except for the bugs and other quirks in 4.4 that are different in
4.5, where the app expects the 4.5 behavior. Maybe it will work more
often than not, the point is that relying on it is IMO a bad idea.

Maybe Qt is less touchy than, say, glibc, but believe me, I know from
experience that - *in general* - building against new and running
against old usually doesn't work.

--
Matthew
"943. I am not Bjorn of Borg."