[KMail] More folders than just "Local folders"

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 9 07:45:28 GMT 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009 22:26:45 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Because that way it's easier to work with.

As always, the choice that KDE offers is your friend.
> I don't even know how to
> achieve the layout you proposed in the first place.

If you want to do it we can help.

> In Thunderbird, I
> simply create my account and everything is placed in it's own top-level
> group.

Yes, that's the way T'bird does it - and has done since the early Netscape
days.  Personally I don't like it, but as I said before, choice is what
matters.

> KMail is really trying hard to make me *not* use it.

Rubbish.  You have choices.  You can use T'bird with default settings, but it
doesn't have some of the tools that I most appreciate in KMail, such as folder
options for controlling mailing list messages, automatic expiry set on a
folder-by-folder basis, the ability to set protection flags (and in the latest
version the ability to add tags).  If they are not important to you, go ahead.

However, if iyou want to use KMail, we can give you a loose approximation of
the layout you prefer and you keep the advantages of the application.  As
always, the choice is yours.

Anne