[KMail] More folders than just "Local folders"

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sun Mar 8 22:26:45 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
>> Which is inside Inbox. That means the rest is also inside Inbox, though
>> indirectly.
>>
> OK - Do you have separate mailboxes for your family and business letters?

No.  I'm not distinguishing on a per-topic basis. Only per-account.

>> > - look again at the indentation.  Inbox
>> > would have
>> >
>> > +NoOneAccount
>> > +NoTwoAccount
>> >
>> > and so on.  Expanded they would look as I originally said.
>>
>> Which is not what we want ;D  NoOneAccount and NoTwoAccount need to be at
>> the top, not inside of *anything*.
>>
> Again, OK, but again, Why?  Some people seem to think this is important,
> yet no-one has yet told me why.

Because that way it's easier to work with.  I don't even know how to achieve
the layout you proposed in the first place.  In Thunderbird, I simply create
my account and everything is placed in it's own top-level group.  KMail is
really trying hard to make me *not* use it.