[KMail] More folders than just "Local folders"

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Mar 8 21:34:30 GMT 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I know you're not the only one to have asked about this, but I don't
> understand why it's a big deal.  You can have folders for
> Inbox
>   NoOneAccount
>     SentMail
>     Drafts
>     Trash
>   NoTwoAccount
>     SentMail
>     Drafts
>     Trash
>  and so on
>
> the filter incoming mail using 'Anywhere in headers' on the appropriate
> email address.

You don't actually need filters for that.
Each Receiving account can be associated with its own dedicated inbox folder.

To make a file system analogy, it is the difference between having one root
folder and everything mounted into that as sub folders, e.g. like Linux, or
have multiple roots, e.g. like Windows.

Some people prefer having different volumes separated at root level, some
prefer being able to decide where to integrate each volume into the single
tree.

Since the first variant is just a sub case of the second one, i.e.
limiting "mounts" to the root folder and hiding the root folder's exisitance,
it is most likely just a matter of different visualization.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring