[KMail] More folders than just "Local folders"

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sun Mar 8 17:40:47 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 08 March 2009 16:43:44 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> [...]
>> I see.  So it's not possible :P  I replied and voted on that bug report.
>>
> I know you're not the only one to have asked about this, but I don't
> understand why it's a big deal.  You can have folders for
> Inbox
>   NoOneAccount
>     SentMail
>     Drafts
>     Trash
>   NoTwoAccount
>     SentMail
>     Drafts
>     Trash
>  and so on
>
> the filter incoming mail using 'Anywhere in headers' on the appropriate
> email address.
>
> I assume you use different identities for each account, and each identity
> can
> be set to use its own Drafts, Trash and SentMail folder.  Isn't that what
> you want?

Since pictures speak a 1000 words:

  http://i41.tinypic.com/zixaxj.png

This is how it is supposed to look like.

Your description doesn't make sense:

> Inbox
>   NoOneAccount
>     SentMail
>     Drafts
>     Trash

Drafts and SentMail are inside Inbox?  It should be like this:

+ NoOneAccount
    Inbox
    Sent
    Drafts
    Trash

The "+" means you can close the whole thing (see screenshot).