Security Concern

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Mar 7 00:20:10 GMT 2009

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>> Well, obviously.
>>>
>>> Then just create the application link somewhere else.  Doesn't
>>> have to be the desktop.
>>>
>> Actually it matters and he should not use the DeskTop because this
>> is not KDE-3.  He can not create an icon and them copy it to the
>> panel.
>
> I only mentioned how it works here.  I tested it.  If he doesn't want
> to use a Desktop, then sorry, I don't know.  "Works for me."

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  It isn't about the Desktop.  You can't copy the
icon to the Panel.  The Panel will only have a _link_, so if you use the
Desktop, you will have to leave the icon on the Desktop -- you can't
remove it without that killing the link on the Panel.

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch