Nepomuk/Strigi filled my disk

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:19:39 GMT 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009 02:20 pm, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> ...except that 'tail foo > foo' probably isn't a good idea. Before you
> go trying it on anything important ;-).
>
> (If you want to preserve the last few entries, I think you would need
> do something like 'tail foo > foo.sav ; cat foo.sav > foo ; rm
foo.sav'.
> Doing 'mv foo.sav foo' would I think leave anything with 'foo' open
> writing to a deleted file.)

Thanks!  Right now I don't care about preserving old entries (and will
stick with my echo "blah blah blah" > .xserver_errors (or whatever),
but understand what you are saying in case I decide to preserve old
entries.

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.