kdeprint in kde 4

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Wed Mar 4 21:40:37 GMT 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009 08:18:50 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 March 2009 20:16:15 Rick Miles wrote:
> > rick at rick:~$ scanimage -L
> > device `net:192.168.1.4:hpaio:/usb/PSC_2350_series?serial=MY493C10JCKJ'
> > is a Hewlett-Packard PSC_2350_series all-in-one
>
> Forgive me if you've already told us, but do you have n up-to-date hplip
> installed?
I have never been able to use the hplip frontend with networked printers. Its a
nice utility but it seems to be intended for standalone machines. I haven't looked
since upgrading my server about a year ago but previously I had made some
inqueries on the hplip lists but never recieved any answers about using hplip on a
network.

I did have it working on this slack-12.2 install before I added a client.conf to
/etc/cups to point the machine at the server so I could check out an hp-930c to
make sure it was functional.

It worked well enough for what I wanted to do with thay printer but I never set up
the psc-2355 which would have allowed me to scan on one box only and in any case I
have always prefered an integrated desktop which to me means kde-aps on a kde
desktop

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Prickle-Prickle, the 64th of Chaos, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au