Okular settings

Rajko M. rmatov101 at charter.net
Wed Mar 4 16:46:07 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 March 2009 06:25:14 am ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com wrote:
> Using Okular in 4.2.0 (Fedora 10 and Suse 10.3)
>
> I have looked into the userbase.kde.org and the Okular settings without
> success for the issues below.
>

> TOPIC 1:
> When I open PDF's I can not see the file name on the window top banner (is
> that the right word ?) Instead the document title is printed. This makes it
> almost impossible to realize which pdf file I'm viewing (since I'm usually
> browsing several documents).
>
> Is there a way to change this ?

Is that in openSUSE 10.3?
I have name of file in the window title bar, though it is openSUSE 11.0 and
KDE 4.2.

You may try to create new user and see do you have same behavior. KDE4 is
under heavy development, so configuration settings are changing and there can
be compatibility issues after update.

Do you use same home partition for Fedora and openSUSE?
That can be source of problems too. Fedora is using .kde directory for user
settings, openSUSE .kde4. When you install KDE4 in openSUSE it will read .kde
to transfer user KDE3 to KDE4 and create .kde4 directory. What will happen if
it finds .kde that belongs to Fedora, I don't know?

--
Regards, Rajko