Okular settings

ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 12:25:14 GMT 2009

Using Okular in 4.2.0 (Fedora 10 and Suse 10.3)

I have looked into the userbase.kde.org and the Okular settings without
success for the issues below.

TOPIC 1:
When I open PDF's I can not see the file name on the window top banner (is
that the right word ?) Instead the document title is printed. This makes it
almost impossible to realize which pdf file I'm viewing (since I'm usually
browsing several documents).

Is there a way to change this ?

TOPIC 2:
In KPDF there were two sections only, one for the text and one for either list
of contents or thumbnails. In Okular I have a third section to the left with
clickable icons for contents, thumbnail, reviews and bookmarks. Is there a
way to hide these ? KPDF (more cleaver I think) presented the same info on
top/bottom of the second section.

TOPIC 3:
In Fedora 10 Okular do not respect the duplex printing settings. I have to
tell Okular to print two-sided each time. All other applications follow the
CUPS default settings. Should I report this as a bug ?

Thank's

Sven