kdeprint in kde 4

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Tue Mar 3 22:59:25 GMT 2009

There are some programs that need to be told where to print. In kde 3.X it was
kprinter so for example when I want to print a document being viewed with xpdf,
when asked to enter a printer, I would enter kprinter and the kprinter window
would come up and I could select a printer and options. It seems this is not the
case in kde 4.X

At http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDEPrint/KDE4#CUPS_Support iI found this:

"KDEPrint has been removed from kdelibs and kdecore for the 4.0 release. All
applications have been ported to use Qt's printing functions instead"

Kdeprint is being rewritten to but for now what is the alternative command?

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Pungenday, the 63rd of Chaos, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au