document path as download target?

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Fri Jun 26 13:25:31 BST 2009

On Friday 26 June 2009 13:19:03 you wrote:
> On Friday 26 June 2009 11:24:55 Sascha Peilicke wrote:

> > > I don't see this as a bug at all.  I certainly don't see attachments to
> > > mail as in the same class as Internet downloads.  Why do you think they
> > > should be treated the same?
> >
> > Because after all, there downloads, speak not present on my computer but
> > going to be. I always have to move files into a more appropriate place
> > after downloading (in folders for movies, pictures, etc.). People have
> > different opinions on what documents really are. To me this is everything
> > text-like (e.g. produced by koffice, openoffice, ...), you might argue
> > that everything is a document somehow. The question is then why we have
> > "Document path", "Movie path", "Download path" and all the others if
> > everything happens to land in "Document path" anyway?
> >
> > At least konq should respect the "Download path" by default and not use
> > the "Document path" IMHO.
>
> I'm sorry, but I still do not see this as a download.  Therefore this is
> always going to be a matter of opinion, and no solution is going to please
> everyone.
But what do you see as a download then? And where should it be placed after
the download finished. Furthermore, for what reason do we allow to configure
paths for movies, audio, pictures and all kinds of stuff if actually none of
it is used an all lands in the documents folder anyway?

> Whatever is decided, the current situation, where you are free to navigate
> to a preferred folder, remains.
Yep, my current solution is to set the "Document path" to my downloads folder,
simple but stupid.
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschpe.wordpress.com