How to make a UMTS connection with KDE4 network management plasmoid?

Klaus Layer klaus.layer at gmx.de
Fri Jun 19 21:03:34 BST 2009

Hi,

is there anybody out there who made a UMTS connection with the new KDE4
network management plasmoid? If yes I would be interested how you configured
the connection, what you entered in the fields like NUMBER, USERNAME and
PASSWORD. Curently I use UMTSmon which works with my T-mobile Web n Walk
stick, but I would like to replace it with the network management plasmoid.

Unfortunately if I configure a connection the network management plasmoid
don't let me use the connection. Unlike for wireless connections I cannot
select the UMTS connection from the list when clicking on the Network
management plasmoid icon in the KDE tray.

Best regards,

Klaus