Missing feature in KDE4.2's Konsole

David wizzardx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:31:41 BST 2009

Hi there.

Looks like a lot of things have changed around in KDE4.2. I've been
dragged over to the new version by my Linux distro, and am now trying
to adapt to 4.2, after being familiar with 3.5.

One feature I used a lot in KDE 3.5, but which seems to be missing in
KDE 3.5, is the ability to set the delay before Konsole will notify
you about inactivity in a tab. All the documentation has to say on the
subject:

help:/konsole/commandreference.html

"View->Monitor for Silence (Ctrl+Shift+I)
Toggles the monitoring of the current tab for lack of activity
 By default, after 10 seconds of inactivity, an info icon will appear
on the session's tab. The type of alerts can be changed through
Settings->Configure Notifications->Silence in monitored session."

The help talks about 10 seconds being the default, but doesn't list a
way to change it.

I''ve tried searching for more information in Google, but only seem to
get results for when this feature was requested in 3.5.

Is there a way to configure the Konsole inactivy monitor time in KDE
4.2? Hopefully I don't have to compile from source.

Thanks in advance.

David.