Is there a way to get a kde3 color scheme into kde4?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 27 16:45:44 BST 2009

Duncan wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> The set preview /had/ ten (that's per-row, mind; likewise the eight is
>> for one row), but has now nine, as the background for Hover and Focus
>> are not needed. But of course set preview doesn't have the window and
>> button taking up extra space.
>
> Indeed.  10 vs 8+, now 9 vs 8+.  So there was indeed one more element,
> but now it's effectively equal.  And given the above i18n issues, if
> anything, the full word version needs killed.

On the other hand, the abbreviated forms aren't really "sufficient" for
a preview, as there aren't enough pixels to really tell if you have good
contrast. The generic preview is tolerable, but I'd really prefer not to
make the set preview abbreviated.

> What about this?  Would it be possible to have the important ones, say
> thru inactive, in a "limited preview", and a button that would popup an
> "extended preview" in, perhaps, a separate window, or perhaps a "vertical
> expansion"?  If so, that would reduce both sets substantially.

Hmm... how big a problem would it be, I wonder, making the preview twice
as tall? Maybe a solution... though TBH my preference is still to get
the translations pared down, there is no need for them to be
gratuitously spelled out.

--
Matthew
Is this thing on?