Is there a way to get a kde3 color scheme into kde4?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 22 18:05:22 BST 2009

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>>> I have to also say that I do not fully understand how the color scheme
>>> works for KDE4 and the SystemSetting (KControl) KCM for setting them is
>>> somewhat confusing.
>> This is too general to be helpful. Can you please be more specific?
>
> Yes, I can see that.  However, a detailed description of how it confuses
> me is going to take a little time.  But two quick points.
>
> First, I note that the KDE3 KCM has links from preview to the colors
> would be a great help.

Wow, it took forever to parse that. I assume what you mean is how you
can click on the preview and have the corresponding color selected in
the list?

That would be nice, I agree. It's not coded yet :-(.

> The "Color set" selections in "Colors" sections (other than "Common
> Colors") have two rows in the "Preview".  What do these two rows
> represent?

Background and Foreground. Top row is foreground roles against
NormalBackground. Bottom row is background roles, using the foreground
most likely to have worst contrast with that role. The background roles
(except Alternate, currently) can't be set individually; they are
calculated from the respective foreground colors plus NormalBackground.

> Do all the background colors shown exist?

They do; look at KColorScheme::BackgroundRole. Most of them aren't often
used, admittedly. (Or did you mean 'can they be individually tweaked',
in which case see above?)

--
Matthew
Sorry, fresh out of .sigs. Maybe tomorrow.