Is there a way to get a kde3 color scheme into kde4?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Jul 22 00:59:48 BST 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> I have to also say that I do not fully understand how the color scheme
>> works for KDE4 and the SystemSetting (KControl) KCM for setting them is
>> somewhat confusing.
>
> This is too general to be helpful. Can you please be more specific?

Yes, I can see that.  However, a detailed description of how it confuses
me is going to take a little time.  But two quick points.

First, I note that the KDE3 KCM has links from preview to the colors
would be a great help.

The "Color set" selections in "Colors" sections (other than "Common
Colors") have two rows in the "Preview".  What do these two rows
represent?  Do all the background colors shown exist?  IIUC, they don't.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch