kde4 ksysguard aka system monitor

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Jul 20 21:54:13 BST 2009

Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> posted
200907202001.38055.cannewilson at googlemail.com, excerpted below, on  Mon,
20 Jul 2009 20:01:37 +0100:

> I'm beginning to wonder whether you actually do any work, or just get
> your kicks from trying to find fault.

And I'm beginning to wonder about the same about you.  Seriously.  I've
spent hours and hours a day working on this switch over for the last
week.  Researching bug numbers which I post, finding workarounds,
recustomizing, etc.  To the point where I've been only getting ~3 hours
of sleep most days because I'm putting so much time into getting this
stupid thing working that should have been working for some time now.

And that's not to mention all the time I spent previous to this trying
out kde4, deciding it wasn't ready, and I'd be patient awhile longer.
But if they're saying it's ready for the ordinary user, then it certainly
should be ready for the power user.

Oh, and what's up with the complaining about lack of details, while at
the same time complaining about the long posts with all the details in
them, while acknowledging you don't read them all the way thru to even
SEE the details you're complaining you are missing?

Really, while some of the others have been of help, you've responded a
lot, but not been a lot of help, except to say I'm not providing details
when at the same time you're acknowledging you're not reading what I DO
provide.

Well, to each his (her) own I guess, but whether you like it or not, I've
made a lot of progress.  Maybe it's because I'm not doing it your way,
but rather componentizing it, doing only one thing at a time, because it
was so horribly unworkable to begin with, that's the only way I COULD do
it at first.