kde4 ksysguard aka system monitor

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Jul 20 19:36:33 BST 2009

What's up with ksysguard's network and disk thruput?  In kde3.5, they
worked.  In kde4, at least 4.2.4, not so much.

The network stuff only has socket info, not the eth0 data read/written I
was graphing previous, or indeed, /anything/ like the network/interfaces/
eth0/receiver/data (and transmitter/data) kde3's KSysGuardApplet.xml file
says I was using before.

The disk thruput choices are there, or at least they seem to be, but when
they're added, the labels come up "dummy" and the readings remain 0, as
if they've been stubbed in, but nothing more.

#include <version_gripe_4_x.h>

Anyway, do they work for anyone else?  I don't see any open bugs on
either issue.  FWIW, I noticed that the system monitor plasmoids don't
have working network data either -- the only choice is loopback.  It
works in 3.5... <shrug>