Kate tabbing on enter

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Jul 18 17:57:55 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In Kate in KDE 3, when I would press enter on a indented lines, the
> next line would have the same indention. However, a second enter
> would put the cursor at the beginning of the next line. I cannot seem
> to get this behaviour out of Kate in KDE 4, subsequent lines are
> always indented. How can I configure Kate to not indent after the
> second enter?

IIUC, what you want is for the <Enter> key to work like the <Backspace>
key if the line is empty.

However, since I can't get KATE-2.5.10 to do that, I'm not going to be
much help.

How did you configure KATE in KDE3?

Note, I use the <Backspace> key so it isn't much of an issue to me.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch