Is there a way to get a kde3 color scheme into kde4?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Jul 15 23:13:14 BST 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Duncan wrote:
>> I have a kde3 color scheme I'm very happy with after having fine tuned it
>> over the years.  Is there a way to get it into kde4?
>>
>> [...] I'd REALLY hate to have to hand retune it
>
> Not likely to happen; KDE4 has quite a few more colors than KDE3. The
> chances you won't need to do tweaking are virtually nil (especially
> since, to import a KDE3 scheme, we would have to make wild guesses how
> to assign the colors that didn't exist in KDE3).

Question: is the KDE3 color scheme schema a proper subset of the KDE4
color scheme schema.

To explain this.  If you construct a tree diagram of the KDE3 color
scheme and the KDE4 color scheme.  Is it possible to convert the KDE3
diagram to the KDE4 diagram by only adding additional branches and nodes
to the existing branches and nodes.

If the proper subset relationship exists, then it should be possible to
either convert a KDE3 color scheme to a KDE4 color scheme or to modify
the code so that it will use a KDE3 scheme.  If not, IMHO, this would be
  a bug -- a design error.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch