Plasma documentation for KDE 4.3

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Wed Jul 15 22:06:19 BST 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently migrating from being a longterm KDE3 user to KDE 4.3.
So I want to find out: what can KDE4, especially Plasma, offer me I had not in KDE3 ?
E.g. in the bottom panel I see an icon telling me "Show the Plasma Dashboard" ...
but I have no idea what a "Plasma Dashboard" is, and clicking on it just dims my whole
desktop and leaves the icons on the desktop in normal colors ...
But what can I do here ?

Also the idea behind the activities is not obvious to me (e.g. what's the difference
to virtual desktops ?).

I tried to find some docs on techbase.kde.org, but they are mostly development related
(although I'm a developer, in this case I'd like to understand plasma from the
users POV). Other docs on www.kde.org are totally outdated ...

Any pointer greatly appreciated.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at