KDE 3 users: What are the last of the KDE 3 features missing from KDE 4?

Greg Parrish gparrish at highmarkcompanies.com
Tue Jul 14 18:55:58 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, I was studying.
>

>> 1. In Konsole there is no auto-resize option for the tabs, appears to be
>> gone
>>

> I have never used that feature in KDE 3, could you describe more? In
> particular, how does it hold up the workflow?

It does not really hold up workflow. It is more of a useability feature
that lets you see all tabs in Konsole if you have many tabs open and
they happen to run off the screen.  To see this option right click any
free space on the bottom of the Konsole window. this is the area where
the tabs are. Dont right click a tab but rather the new tab button
button or the space around it. You get 4 options and one of those is the
toggle for auto-resize.

>> 2. In Konsole I can not remap the copy/paste keys in the profile.
>>

> How was that done in KDE 3 (I don't have it here to check)?

Duncan mentioned this is under Settings, Configure Shortcuts (Find
"Copy" and edit to what you want like Ctrl-Ins), the same as in kde3. I
plan to verify that tonight on my kde4 vm.

-greg