What's the official status of 3.5.x, anyway?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 07:58:43 BST 2009

> As for going over it 100 times already, unfortunately, the kde site
> doesn't have (that I could find) a clear and definitive statement on
> continuing kde 3 support, and without such a statement, what's apparently
> come up 100 times is likely to come up 100 more...

The statement on the download page shows:
KDE 4.2: KDE 4.2 is the version for the majority of end users that
look for the latest stable KDE release.
KDE 3 series: KDE 3.5 is the more mature version of KDE. For more
conservative users, this is the recommended version of KDE.

So "the majority of end users" are encouraged to use KDE 4 and
"conservative users" must use KDE 3.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com