What's the official status of 3.5.x, anyway?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 12 10:32:01 BST 2009

On Saturday 11 July 2009 16:38:21 Duncan wrote:
> I looked at kde.org but couldn't find any official current statement on
> this.  But perhaps my google-foo is simply screwed up ATM.

AIUI, KDE 3.x is no longer being developed.  I imagine that security problems
will be dealt with for a while longer, but I'm unsure of how long, or where in
the tree this work will happen. There are, of course, distros that have chosen
to stay with KDE3, notable the Enterprise distros.  It should go without
saying that security matters will be dealt with for them, so KDE3 remains
viable for quite some considerable time.

Anne