Unable to start kconfig

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 30 14:49:32 GMT 2009

After all the problems yesterday on my CentOS box I think I have got most
of .kde back.  However, an attempt to login as anne still brings up
the "Unable to start kstartconfig.  Check your installation".

kstartconfig is there in /usr/bin, and $PATH has /usr/bin.  I'm stuck now.
Everything google can find talks about "Chown -R myname:myname /home/myname"
but ownership is not the problem.  Files are correctly owned by both name and
UID.  Just to make sure, I did chown - but I'm 100% positive that this is not
the problem.  Can anyone else tell me of another reason?

Thanks

Anne