Getting Rid of HTML in My Messages in KMail

Jerry Houston jerry at effjayare.net
Sun Jan 18 22:05:14 GMT 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 13:54:06 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 18 January 2009 18:43:33 Jerry Houston wrote:
> > While we're on the subject of KMail, can anyone tell me how to turn OFF
> > threading of the message list in KDE 4.2?
>
> In Settings > Configure KMail > Message List > Threaded Message List - uncheck
> it for the default.  You can override this for certain folders by using the
> Folder menu on the main kmail page.

Thanks for the quick answer.  When I navigate to that Message List tab, there are (only) these options available:

    General
        Display tooltips for messages and group headers
        Hide tab bar when only one tab is open

    Date Display
        Standard format
        Localized format
        Fancy format
        Custom format

As I said, I couldn't find an appropriate option anywhere, either as a general option or for the folders themselves.  And the default appears to be threading turned ON.  Since I updated to KDE 4.2 RC1, I've had to go searching for my unread messages, making it very difficult to read email as it arrives.

I'd much prefer to have new messages added to the end of the list, and not split up into threads (some of which were started days ago).

What am I doing wrong?