[KDE4.1.3]: No graphic login ... KDE3 works

Hans Muecke kde at 4077th-mash.net
Wed Jan 14 18:13:43 GMT 2009

Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009 16:23:05 schrieb Wilson, Richard E:
> Something very similar happened to me recently and I "fixed" it by
> starting a GNOME session and renaming my .kde directory (to
> .kde_backup).  It was simpler for me to recreate my personal settings
> than to try and pull individual files out of the .kde_backup directory.
> In my case the cause was some screen resolution issues -- an application
> made my screen go to 800x600 and KDE wouldn't let me change it higher.
> I overrode it with the screen config utility system-config-display and
> got it back to 1280x1024 (which is what it's supposed to be) and it
> worked.  The screen black issue appeared with my next login.

Hi Richard,

Well ... I'm not shure this applies to my case. I didn't change any resolution
related stuff. I did a normal shutdown in the morning and after turning the
machine on again in the eve, KDE4 did the "black-screen-go-to-start-thing".
KDE3 is working, so I am assuming I am missing a certain config file ...

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (240 to go)

2009/01/14 16:50
EDDS 141650Z 32005KT 6000 -SN OVC020 M01/M04 Q1015 TEMPO 4000 SN BKN014