Compiling Amarok

Marek Franke mfranke78 at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 9 09:55:21 GMT 2009

Hi there,

I'm trying since two days to compile amarok but cmake died always with
-- The following REQUIRED packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Please install them before continuing this software installation.
+ mysqld: Embedded MySQL <http://www.mysql.com>
This documentation (the only one I found to this topic) http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/MySQL_Embedded tells me to copy several files from amarok to mysql and then build mysql again. This is a temporary joke I hope and will not end as a running gag?!
Anyway, the instruction on this page tells me to copy /path/to/amaroksource/supplementary_scripts/mysqle/ but this path doesn't exist! And the script build-mysql.sh doesn't exist too. Here are my questions:
1. The directory to copy could it be /path/to/amarok-2.0/src/collection/sqlcollection ?
2. Is it OK/working when I start (after copying) building mysql normal with configure; make; make install? Will there be finally the mysql embedded stuff available?

Thanks, Marek