KMail - Text Only Messages from Composer?

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Thu Jan 8 07:34:03 GMT 2009

I've been using KMail for years and recently noticed a problem in the
newer version when I got a nastygram, written in and apparently sent via
emacs, that I was sending out HTML formatted email.

I'm using KDE 4.1, KMail version 1.10.3 (within Kontact) from Ubuntu
Intrepid.  I've looked through settings and I don't see any way to
specify to the composer or editor to send out ONLY pure text email.

How can I make sure my emails are text only, with no HTML formatting in
them when I use KMail?

Thanks!

Hal