Question about KDE 4.2

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:04:04 GMT 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009 22:28:12 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 05 January 2009 21:56:18 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > So the X600 should be OK.  Does that "UseAtomBIOS" apply to all these
> > > older cards?
> >
> > Not sure.  You can grep -i atom your Xorg.0.log and check if it applies
> > for you.
>
> I don't see it in there, so I'll comment that out.  I've re-started X and
> everything looks fine.  In the morning I'll test it with Desktop Effects.
> I'll report back.

I've been running now for more than 8 hours, using "Option      "AccelMethod"
"EXA"Option      "AccelMethod" "EXA" " and I haven't had a single freeze.  I'm
keeping fingers crossed, but so far it's looking good :-)

Thanks for the tip.  Now I wonder where, on userbase, I should put that?
Under 'troubleshooting' I guess.

Anne