print screen key to launch ksnapshot

Rajko M. rmatov101 at charter.net
Wed Feb 25 01:09:51 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 06:47:11 pm RW wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 06:27:46 +1100
>
> Rick Miles <frmrick at aapt.net.au> wrote:
> > After this past week's experience it is quite clear that the kde 4
> > aps have changed to the point that trying to run them with old rc and
> > other config files may be problematic and it is better to rename the
> > old ~/.kde and let kde -4 and it's aps create everything new. Then if
> > I want something like my old bookmarks I just copy them into the new
> > ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror directory.
>
> When I first ran kde4, it installed a separate ~/.kde4 directory and
> didn't appear to pick-up anything from ~/.kde. Maybe that's because I
> didn't deinstall kde3, but it seems to me that should have been the
> default.

It is different with different distros.

Those that alow KDE3 and 4 to coexist like openSUSE have ~/.kde4 , other that
don't offer KDE3, like Fedora have ~/.kde only.

My approach is to have 2 different accounts (users) for each, and as I have
enough RAM for 2 sessions, both are running most of the time, switching
between them with Ctrl-Alt-F7 and Ctrl-Alt-F8.

I don't use GUI (Main menu) as it locks the screen and I have to enter
password. Since Ctrl-Alt-Fx works fine I didn't looked how to disable screen
lock which is default in openSUSE.

--
Regards, Rajko