Photo batch-resizing

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 12:05:07 GMT 2009

Em Sáb 21 Fev 2009, Anne Wilson escreveu:
> Is it still not possible to re-size batches of photos in Gwenview or
> Digikam? I need to do this fairly often and rely on being able to
> boot into KDE3 for this.  Clearly that will not be an option much
> longer, and it is an annoyance now.
>
> Anne

I'm not aware of a KDE4 GUI software that does that, but Image Magick
does the job very well at the command line.
find -iname "*.jpg" -exec mogrify -resize W[%]xH[%] {} \;

This will resize all jpg files in the directory tree starting at the
current directory to the size or percentage you specify.
If you want to resize files in a single directory, you can use:
mogrify -resize W[%]xH[%] *.jpg

Instructions on how to use mogrify are here:
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/mogrify.php

See the convert command to (it's also part of Image Magick).

Just out of curiosity, what do you use in KDE3 to do this?

[]'s
Marcelo