Konsole

Rajko M. rmatov101 at charter.net
Fri Feb 20 15:40:52 GMT 2009

On Friday 20 February 2009 08:11:54 am Kishore wrote:
> On Friday 20 Feb 2009 6:53:31 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 20 February 2009 13:01:27 Daniel D Jones wrote:
> > > A couple of oddities about Konsole under KDE 4.2.  First, right click
> > > doesn't work on my setup.  It gets you absolutely nothing.  Is this a
> > > design decision, a configuration option that I'm missing somewhere or
> > > something broken on my system?
> >
> > What did you expect it to do?
>
> If it does not show any context menu then i would say your setup is broken.

Setup or some strange interaction between Plasma and display driver?
Thanks to the legacy Nvidia card and slow proprietary driver update cycle I
have seen kind of unvisible context menu (right click). Only shadow revealed
that Plasma actually did something. Without shadow I would think that context
menu is missing.

> > > Second, sometimes using the mouse scroll wheel scrolls the screen up
> > > and down, like using a scroll bar, and sometimes it scrolls through
> > > your command history, like hitting the up and down arrow keys.  I
> > > haven't found any rhyme or reason for when it does one and when it does
> > > the other. Anyone have a clue if that's configurable?
> >
> > I've not seen that in konsole, but I've seen it in other things.  I
> > believe it happens when I accidentally move the mouse with the Ctrl-key
> > down. Clicking with the Ctrl-key down seems to stop it.
>
> If there is scrollable text (history) in the konsole then it scrolls the
> displayed text. Otherwise, konsole send the up/down key events to the
> application letting it handle it the way it usually dies. This is what you
> saw... where bash (or whatever shell you use) received the up/down key
> events and accordingly displayed command history.

Interesting feature.
It is tied to status of scroll bar.
I tried to scroll with a mouse wheel after there was something to scroll using
Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys, both left and right, but nothing happened. I can't
see any options in Settings > Configure Shortcuts, nor in Configure Window
Behavior that configure this. The former I checked just make sure it is not
misplaced there.

--
Regards, Rajko