creating custom icons for kde 4 desktop

Rajko M. rmatov101 at charter.net
Thu Feb 19 21:17:14 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 February 2009 01:12:11 pm Rick Miles wrote:
> Thanks Stefen but I cannot drag and drop an icon that does not exist until
> Ihave created it first.. BTW, I though favicons were url or bookmark icons
> on webpages do they now have a special meaning in KDE?

Hi Rick,

did you try to drag and drop URL icon.

I just did that, it created URL link on a desktop.
Closed browser (Firefox).
Click on link and it was opened in Firefox again.

Logged out and back in, icon is still there and works.

The desktop setting is Plain Desktop, on openSUSE 11.1.

The Konqueror had problem to open even Google site with results, but that is
another problem, with file associations.
It is fixed in:
Main Menu> Configure Desktop > Advanced > File Associations
by pushing Konqueror on the first place in the list.

Before change Firefox was first in the list which with another setting in:
Main Menu> Configure Desktop > Default Applications > Web Browser
that was set to open web page in an application depending on content of URL.

Content was html and default was Firefox, so Konqueror obediently offerred
download or Firefox.

--
Regards, Rajko