Desktop and Panel links and icon's missing. What do

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Thu Feb 19 06:18:30 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 February 2009 16:38:43 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> frmrick at aapt.net.au wrote:

> > ??? In kde 4.2 on slackware 12.2 it is possible to drag icons onto
> > the desktop not into a folderview on the desktop.
>
> No, but there is an option to make the whole screen a FolderView.
>
> > I have done it with konqueror, dolphin, kmail and I just did it with
> > dragon player. I do not have folderview set.
> >
> > BTW where are those icons with the desktop settings stored? I asked
> > on another thread and have not had a reply yet.
>
> The icons in a FolderView are by default in the: $HOME/Desktop folder
> unless you moved it (in which case they would be in the path indicated
> in System Settings::About Me::Paths::Desktop path
Thanks James for the response/tip

Yup... that'll work... but I've found a way of doing it without using ~/Desktop
which might be a little more arduous but provides me with greater flexibility.
--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Need a carpenter, painter or handyman?
http://rickmiles.com.au

Written on Setting Orange, the 50th of Chaos, 3175
Celebrate Chaoflux
http://turtlespond.net