KMail for Windows?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Feb 17 10:55:13 GMT 2009

On Sunday 15 February 2009, Jerry Houston wrote:
> I've installed 4.2 for Windows, and I'm much impressed, however what I
> miss the most on Windows machines is KMail.
>
> Is this not yet available, or did I just not install the right package?
>
> If not yet, does anyone know when?

It is my understanding that the Windows version is currently considered mainly
a beta and some applications are more difficult to package/maintain than
others.

The companies of the Kolab group which are working on KDE PIM for their
customers have a beta level debug build of Kontact for Windows available on
their download site http://files.kolab.org/

So while it is possible it is probably a lot of work and currently not within
the resources of the KDE Windows guys to include in their install framework.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring