transparent icon labels

Tue Feb 3 04:05:27 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 03 Feb 2009 4:02:58 am James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> <SNIP>
>
> > Instead, exit your KDE session, log in on the Console, and delete the
> > files:
> >
> >       $HOME/share/config/plasma*
>
> That should be:
>
>         $HOME/.kde4/share/config/plasma*
>
> Sorry, shouldn't try to type with my cat sitting on my lap. :-)

To do that you need not really log out of kde. You could just use a terminal.
issue the command "kquitapp plasma" without the quotes... wait for the
desktopn and panel to disappear... then issue the command "rm `kde4-config --
localprefix`/share/config/plasma*", again without the quotes... then launch
plasma again with "plasma"... again without the quotes :P

Putting it together...

$kquitapp plasma && sleep 5 && rm `kde4-config --
localprefix`/share/config/plasma* && plasma

--
Cheers!
Kishore