Kmail : problem in checking Gmail with IMAP account type

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Dec 30 08:33:18 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson posted on Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:37:29 +0000 as excerpted:

> Duncan - that error message pointing to the [Gmail] folder still worries
> me. Any ideas on that?

Not really... but having never done IMAP, only read about it, I'm rather
at a disadvantage, here.

However, I noted two things:

1) The error you mention.

2) That according to Farhad (I hope just the one name isn't
presumptuous?), the subdirs seem to have been created automatically,
syncing with gmail.  Thus, it is or was working, to some extent, or it
couldn't have found that much out to sync.  But what that error had to do
with things I really don't know.

Maybe someday I'll have an IMAP account and learn how it all works...