Kmail : problem in checking Gmail with IMAP account type

farhad hedayati hf.farhad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:10:23 GMT 2009

Hi Anne , thanks for replay

This is my configuration :
in General tab:
Account name : hf.farhad at gmail.com
Incomming mail server : imap.gmail.com
port : 993
login : hf.farhad at gmail.com
password : mypassword
checked: Store IMAP password , Include in manual mail check, Enable interval
mail checking with 1 minutes check interval.

in IMAP Settings tab:
checked : Automatically compact folders, Load attachments on demand, use
default identity.
Namespaces are empty ( I didn't change them ).

Security tab :
Encryption : Use SSL for secure mail download
Authentication mode : Clear Text

Filtering tab: Server supports Sieve is not enabled.

---------------------http://imagebin.ca/view/Urgxov.html

anyway, I disabled "include this folder when checking for new mail" and "Act
on new/unread mail in this folder" in [Gmail] folder's properties (see the
above link) and now I don't get the error anymore , but I think should would
be another way for fixing this problem instead of completely preventing
kmail from using the folder! :P

thx again.
Farhad