How to let konqueror startup with last session?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 19 10:23:37 GMT 2009

On Friday 18 December 2009 20:20:40 spir wrote:
> Right. Just to be sure (because I'm surprised of the absence of such a
>  common setting): Does this mean one cannot just close Konqueror and/or
>  switch the computer off, then later resume work where it stopped? (Most
>  apps I use work like that, including firefox*.) We really have to to
>  explicitely save a session? As the feature exists, is there a reason why
>  it cannot be defined as a setting?

Actually, once you get used to it, it's a lot more powerful than a blind 'open
everything I did yesterday'.  I do use a lot of tabs, regularly.  Since every
tab has an impact on cpu and ram I do need to limit them.  Saving sessions
means that I can open one set of maybe 15 tabs, all related to one subject.

I didn't like it at first, but since I've used it, I love it.

> (*) I cannot use firefox anymore, since the bug that erased all my setting
>  -- it simply doesn't start, just pretends to for a couple of seconds.

Strange - I haven't heard of anyone else reporting such a bug.  I presume you
have searched for a stale lock file?

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group