Sound Problem

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Dec 13 05:24:41 GMT 2009

Steve Brettell posted on Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:58:36 -0500 as excerpted:

> KDE 4 seems to have stopped my sound from playing.  This extends to my
> Gnome desktop as well.  Does anyone have a suggestion about how to fix
> this?

Well, it would have helped had you told us what version of kde4, what OS
(parts of kde run on MSWormOS now, as well as the BSDs, including OSX,
and Linux of course), what distribution if Linux, what release of that OS/
distribution, whether you run pulseaudio or not, alsa or oss on Linux,
etc, etc, etc...

Right now all we know is that you run kde4 and gnome, and that the loss
of sound extends to the gnome desktop as well (and that you apparently
have an iPhone, apparently on cingular, and sent your post from that via
google, according to the headers on your mail, hey, maybe kde and gnome
run on iphones, now! =:^), and that's just not enough to even know where
to start.